jottings from tertius

views of the world from my worldview window

"If there was no God, there would be no atheists." G.K. Chesterton


SITES OF NOTE

Tektonics Apologetics Ministry
blogs4God
The Adarwinist reader
Bede's Library: the Alliance of Faith and Reason
A Christian Thinktank
Doxa:Christian theology and apologetics
He Lives
Mike Gene Teleologic
Errant Skeptics Research Institute
Stephen Jones' CreationEvolutionDesign
Touchstone: a journal of mere Christianity: mere comments
The Secularist Critique: Deconstructing secularism
Ex-atheist.com: I Wasn't Born Again Yesterday
imago veritatis by Alan Myatt
Solid Rock Ministries
The Internet Monk: a webjournal by Michael Spencer
The Sydney Line: the website of Keith Windschuttle
Miranda Devine's writings in the Sydney Morning Herald
David Horowitz frontpage magazine
Thoughts of a 21st century Christian Philosopher
one-eighty
Steven Lovell's philosophical themes from C.S.Lewis
Peter S. Williams Christian philosophy and apologetics
Shandon L. Guthrie
Clayton Cramer's Blog
Andrew Bolt columns
Ann Coulter columns




Mortgages





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?








Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Blogroll Me!





"These are the days when the Christian is expected to praise every creed except his own." G.K.Chesterton


"You cannot grow a beard in a moment of passion." G.K.Chesterton


"As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that."C. S. Lewis

"I blog, therefore I am." Anon


Friday, October 01, 2004

Charles Darwin invents country rock

 
I feel some songs coming on, perverting American youth with subliminal Darwinian messages:

If I said you had a beautiful body
Would you hold it against me
If I swore you were an angel
Would you treat me like the devil tonight
If I were dying of thirst
Would your flowing love come quench me
If I said you had a beautiful body
Would you hold it against me

The Bellamy Brothers (now known professionally as the Morris Brothers)



When you're in love with a beautiful woman it's hard
When you're in love with a beautiful woman you know it's hard
Everybody wants her, everybody loves her
Everybody wants to take your baby home

When you're in love with a beautiful woman you watch your friends
When you're in love with a beautiful woman it never ends
You know that it's crazy, you want to trust her
And then somebody hangs up when you answer the phone
When you're in love with a beautiful woman you go it alone

Maybe it's just an ego problem
Problem is, I've been fooled before
By fair weathered friends and faint hearted lovers
And everytime it happens
It just convinces me more

When you're in love with a beautiful woman you watch her eyes
When you're in love with a beautiful woman you look for lies
Everybody tempts her, everybody tells her
That she's the most beautiful woman they know
When you're in love with a beautiful woman you go it alone

Everybody tempts her, everybody tells her
That she's the most beautiful woman they know
When you're in love with a beautiful woman you watch your friends
When you're in love with a beautiful woman it never ends

Dr Hook (and the Darwin show)



But is this one the daddy of all Darwin's dirty little secret songs?

Young girl, get out of my mind
My love for you is way out of line
Better run, girl
You're much too young, girl

With all the charms of a woman
You've kept the secret of your youth
You led me to believe
You're old enough
To give me Love
And now it hurts to know the truth

Whaoo-oh-oh
Young girl, get out of my mind
My love for you is way out of line
Better run, girl
You're much too young, girl

Beneath your perfume and make-up
You're just a baby in disguise
And though you know
That it's wrong to be
Alone with me
That come on look is in your eyes

Whaoo-oh-oh
Young girl, get out of my mind
My love for you is way out of line
Better run, girl
You're much too young, girl

So hurry home to your Mama
I'm sure she wonders where you are
Get out of here
Before I have the time
To change my mind
'Cause I'm afraid we'll go too far

Whaoo-oh-oh
Young girl, get out of my mind
My love for you is way out of line
Better run, girl
You're much too young, girl

Young girl, get out of my mind
My love for you is way out of line
Better run, girl
You're much too young, girl

Gary Puckett (And The Missing Link)


Whaoo-oh-oh indeed!!


9:00:00 pm