jottings from tertius

views of the world from my worldview window

"If there was no God, there would be no atheists." G.K. Chesterton


SITES OF NOTE

Tektonics Apologetics Ministry
blogs4God
The Adarwinist reader
Bede's Library: the Alliance of Faith and Reason
A Christian Thinktank
Doxa:Christian theology and apologetics
He Lives
Mike Gene Teleologic
Errant Skeptics Research Institute
Stephen Jones' CreationEvolutionDesign
Touchstone: a journal of mere Christianity: mere comments
The Secularist Critique: Deconstructing secularism
Ex-atheist.com: I Wasn't Born Again Yesterday
imago veritatis by Alan Myatt
Solid Rock Ministries
The Internet Monk: a webjournal by Michael Spencer
The Sydney Line: the website of Keith Windschuttle
Miranda Devine's writings in the Sydney Morning Herald
David Horowitz frontpage magazine
Thoughts of a 21st century Christian Philosopher
one-eighty
Steven Lovell's philosophical themes from C.S.Lewis
Peter S. Williams Christian philosophy and apologetics
Shandon L. Guthrie
Clayton Cramer's Blog
Andrew Bolt columns
Ann Coulter columns




Mortgages





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?








Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Blogroll Me!





"These are the days when the Christian is expected to praise every creed except his own." G.K.Chesterton


"You cannot grow a beard in a moment of passion." G.K.Chesterton


"As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that."C. S. Lewis

"I blog, therefore I am." Anon


Saturday, July 26, 2003

Last Man on Earth

 
In the year 2000
My age was 53
Born in the first half
Of the last century
I always was postmodern
But that's ancient history
Now I'm the last man on earth
That's what the matter is with me

I don't have a portfolio
I gotta plead guilty
The best things all are worthless now
That's just because they're free
If you're not a millionaire yet
Boy, you better be
Yeah, I'm the last man on earth
That's what the matter is with me

I should be optimistic
And go buy some bonds and stocks
They'll find a cure for cancer soon
We may get trigger locks
Existence is no picnic
That, statistics have all shown
We learn to live together
Then we die alone

Everybody's got a web site
That's all Greek to me
I don't own a computer
And I hate that letter e
I don't pack a cell phone
Or drive an SUV
Yes I'm the last man on earth
That's what the matter is with me

I'm the last man standing
Save the last dance for me
Taken the last train to Clarksville
I'm the fifth Monkee
Nice guys always finish last
And no one's nicer than me
I'm the last man on earth
That's what the matter is with me

Kids used to say their prayers at night
Before they went to bed
Saint John told us that God is love
Nietzsche said he was dead
This thing that we call existence
Who knows what it all means?
Time and Life and People
Are just glossy magazines
And I sit and watch these guys
Debate each other on TV
Politicians, wrestlers,
They're all the same to me
No, I don't give a damn
Which idiot runs this country
'Cause I'm the last man on earth
It don't matter to me

In the year 2000
My age was 53
I know that I'm grumpy
And middle-age crazy
But if you are a woman
You might have to sleep with me
'Cause I'm the last man on earth
And I can guarantee
I'm the last man on earth
And there ain't nothing wrong with me


Loudon Wainwright III

9:22:00 pm